Wednesday, February 15, 2012

potty training update. . . .

So I wrote a whole page about Cache's potty training adventure all the way back in february and meant to add to it later and post it but never got around to. So here we are in august and im posting it anyway.
also i'll add that shortly after I wrote this  post Cache became pro at peeing in the potty! even during the night he stays dry! no pull ups here! yay! it did take a little longer to get the pooping concept and I actually don't even remember when or how he eventually caught on but i'm pretty sure by the mid march he got it! Yay buddy! Im so proud of ya!
(written mid February) well. . .  here we are, over a month later and we are still working on it.  Actually Cache has done pretty well and it hasn't been the worst thing ever. When we first started he did awesome, but then we had to put a hold on things after about 2 or 3 days because he got sick and he and I were both very exhausted so we put it on the back burner until we were feeling better.  So during the 5 days or so of being sick we practiced off and on and he still did surprisingly well considering the circumstance. once he was better, of coarse it was Kobe's turn to be sick, so during that time we practiced but I didn't make it my 1st priority.  Now that we are all feeling back to our normal selves Cache is still working on staying dry ALL day but does pretty well as long as MOMMY is good at reminding him and taking him to go potty.  We still have had NO success with the poopie in the potty which has been super frustrating. I think he gets that he is supposed to go in the potty but it must just feel wrong to him. he tells me when he needs to go but then when I put him on the potty to go he tries but we have no success. Then after a few times of trying he ends up going NOT on the potty. Actually for the first little while he didn't want to go in the potty, but also didn't want to go in his diaper. That was hard too because the poor little guy would try and try to go on the potty but just couldn't get anything out so would just not go all together which leads to an even bigger problem,,,, constipation :(  one time we tried and tried all day to go and finally in the middle of playing cache ran up to me and started holding his bum and yelling " Mommy Noooo!!!! OHHH SHHHHIIIIITTT!!!"  and then pooped his pants, He just simply could not hold it any longer. Oh my sweet boy. He tried :)  I got him a smaller seat to put on the toilet and even a 'cars' potty to help him feel more comfortable but that hasn't helped. But, I feel like it's only a matter of time and eventually i'll get him to go just once on the potty and hopefully after that it will all click.  anyways, it's still a work in progress but were getting there.  So far he has been willing to go, which I am grateful for,  it's just a matter of getting used to recognizing and giving himself enough time to get to the potty to go.  So as of now we're back and forth from underpants to training pants through out the day but I still say Hooray because it's pretty much bye bye to diapers  for Cache!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment